Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Stagg Jr.



WOTD 12: Stagg Jr.

So this is Batch 3 of Stagg Jr. There was Batch 1, at 134.4 proof and Batch 2 at 128.7 proof. Batch 3 weighs is in at 132.1 proof (66.05%). I've never tried the other 2 and judging by most reviews I apparently wasn't missing much. However, with this batch, it makes me wonder about the previous reviews and whether it's just me, or if it's the reviews.

To begin, lets discuss the nose: It smells amazing. Cherries, plums, maple, vanilla and oak, Mind you, you'll get a lot of alcohol if you don't let it sit for a few minutes, but after that, it's just beautiful.

How 132.1 can be this smooth, I'm not even sure I completely understand. Even though some of it seems to vanish on the tongue, the flavor is intense. Some prefer watering it down some but I like it neat in a chilled glass. The tastes of cinnamon, sweet caramel and maple again, with vanilla and a little spice. Did I mention it's smooth... like, very smooth?

My feelings about this? This is the best whiskey of my reviews so far. If you can find it, get it. If not for you, get it for me!

97/100

Cost: $55.99


No comments:

Post a Comment